Skyland’s Health and Wellness Committee met recently and recommended the following changes:
- Our nursery (for children ages 6 weeks to 4 years old) will reopen June 20 at 10:30 a.m. Beginning on August 8, the nursery will be available starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Coffee will be available in the Holy Grounds hallway beginning June 20. Starting July 4, donuts and other breakfast treats will also be available.
- Promotion Sunday will be held August 1 in the Sanctuary.
- All Sunday School classes and small group Bible studies will resume at 10:15 a.m. beginning on August 8.
- Tuesday morning Bible study will resume August 10 at 9:30 a.m. in Room 204.
Our tenant, Open Table Church, will resume in-person worship services on June 20 from 8:30-10:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
We will send out a survey about Wednesday night activities this week. Please respond as soon as possible so we can make further plans for reopening the church.
Keep in mind Skyland is following these COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Masks and social distancing are not required for people who are fully vaccinated*. All adults and children not yet fully vaccinated* should continue to wear masks and socially distance indoors for all activities until they are fully vaccinated or until the CDC issues new guidance.
- All people may remain unmasked outdoors. However, those who are unvaccinated should remain socially distanced.
- Temperature checks and sign-in are no longer required for any person entering the building. However, if you feel unwell, we encourage you to stay home.
- Singing is permitted (and encouraged!) during worship services.
- Children’s Moments will take place during the 11 a.m. English-language service. Children should remain masked and practice social distancing while they sit together in their quarantine groups at the front of the church with Pastor Miguel.
- Prayer and altar ministries will take place during worship services. All prayer team members are fully vaccinated and will ask those receiving prayer about their preferences regarding the laying on of hands or wearing of masks during prayer.
- Small groups and committees may meet in group rooms and classrooms throughout the week (pre-scheduling is required in Planning Center). Zoom options will be available for those who wish to participate virtually.
- Touchless hand sanitizing and handwashing stations are available throughout the church hallways and bathrooms.
These protocols are subject to revision (and may possibly return to more restrictive practices) if guidance from the CDC changes. The Health and Wellness Task Force will continue to meet monthly throughout the rest of the year to make decisions about Skyland’s safety measures and reopening. Please continue to pray for the health and protection of our congregation, city, state, country and other nations working to recover from this virus.
*The CDC published guidelines on Thursday, May 13 for people who have been fully vaccinated. People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.