Based on the most recent guidance from the CDC, the following COVID-19 safety protocols will now take effect at Skyland Church (as of May 19, 2021):
- Masks and social distancing are not required for people who are fully vaccinated*. All adults and children not yet fully vaccinated* should continue to wear masks and socially distance indoors for all activities until they are fully vaccinated or until the CDC issues new guidance.
- All people may remain unmasked outdoors. However, those who are unvaccinated should remain socially distanced.
- Temperature checks and sign-in are no longer required for any person entering the building. However, if you feel unwell, we encourage you to stay home.
- Singing is permitted (and encouraged!) during worship services.
- Children’s Moments will resume during the 11 a.m. English-language service. Children should remain masked and practice social distancing while they sit together in their quarantine groups at the front of the church with Pastor Miguel.
- Prayer and altar ministries will resume during worship services. All prayer team members are fully vaccinated and will ask those receiving prayer about their preferences regarding the laying on of hands or wearing of masks during prayer.
- Small groups and committees may resume meeting in group rooms and classrooms throughout the week (pre-scheduling is required in Planning Center). Zoom options will be available for those who wish to participate virtually.
- Touchless hand sanitizing and handwashing stations will continue to be available throughout the church hallways and bathrooms.
The following activities and services are not yet available:
- Infant nursery. We hope to resume this service once we hire a children’s ministry director, as our nursery attendants are currently providing childcare for older children on Sunday mornings.
- Wednesday night activities, including dinner, Bible study, King’s Kids and The Dock (youth). We hope to resume these activities in August, when DeKalb County Schools start.
- Sunday School and mid-week Bible studies. We hope to resume these activities on Promotion Sunday in August.
These protocols are subject to revision (and may possibly return to more restrictive practices) if guidance from the CDC changes. The Health and Wellness Task Force will continue to meet monthly throughout the rest of the year to make decisions about Skyland’s safety measures and reopening. Please continue to pray for the health and protection of our congregation, city, state, country and other nations working to recover from this virus.
*The CDC published new guidelines on Thursday, May 13 for people who have been fully vaccinated. People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.